Saturday, March 5, 2011

Quick! Back to the garden!


I just dashed in the door from our *new* P-Patch to grab some cookies - I made oatmeal cranberry cookies last night - and see if the lumber store is open (the bed rails have disintegrated and need to be replaced before we can plant). Our bed is is the messy, grassy one on the left - the fourth one up, right next to one full of garlic. This is the 'before' pic. It's obviously not been cultivated in some time! I'm assassinating miles of English ivy along the fence-line while Michael is cleaning the bed out. I had to post an update... and photos tomorrow!

Winter is over, right?? It's sunny and nearly 50 here. Cherry trees are in full bud with pink showing, the roses are growing, crocus are opening, and we'll be planting next weekend!

M is waiting for those cookies... now go outside!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your excitement!
    I did some yard work today; it feels good. There's too much space for me to till it all myself (that's the good news and the bad news). My brain's beginning to swirls with ideas, though, and there are some things I can do on my own. One step leads to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many ways to garden... here is a piece of plant wisdom I loved when I learned it: if you don't like where a plant is - move it! I was so amazed when I learned that this is possible...

    I'm excited for you, Petrea. Gardening is a profound meditation. And then you get beauty & food.

    ReplyDelete