Monday, March 14, 2011

Seeds!


Okay, it happened! I could not wait a moment longer, so despite the intense, side-ways, cold driving rain, My dear friend Cheryl & I planted peas, spinach, and icicle radishes yesterday afternoon. It was about 40 degrees out, and thank goodness for raised beds and compost. The bed was draining well; the paths, mud and muck. A darn good thing I had hauled a few loads of coarse fir chip mulch down for the paths on Saturday, otherwise I think we'd still be stuck in the mud!

The night temps are due to drop into the low 30's later this week. I am on the hunt for some inexpensive floating row cover - called remay - or a cheap/free alternative. May be cardboard boxes - just to give those seeds a bit more insulation. I really really want some warm weather... what are you planting?

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment